What will I need to provide when making a report?
When you contact the Child Abuse Hotline, you will be asked for detailed information about what you suspect or know about the child’s circumstances.
You will be asked to provide:
- Child Information: name, age, date of birth, address, current location, person caring for child, and need/receiving medical treatment.
- Parent/Guardian Information: name, address, phone number as well as any domestic violence, substance abuse, criminal history, mental health issues, or family history with Dept. Children’s Services.
- Alleged Perpetrator Information: name, address, phone number, relation to the child, behavioral issues, and other children who may be at risk.
- Allegation: what happened, the extent of any injuries sustained, when, and where it occurred.
- Any other relevant information.
Even if you are unable to provide all of the information above, please contact the Hotline to make a report if you suspect any child is a victim of child abuse or neglect.